A quick and easy project that will decorate your Christmas Tree
Materials and Tools needed:
- .Acrylic yarn Lane Cervinia Caprice in WHITE, RED and BEIGE colours
- In addition small amount of BLUE and PINK yarns
- Hook size 2.5mm
- Stitch marker indicating the end of each row
- Tapestry needle
- Finished Size: Approximately 12cm (5in) tall. If you are using different yarn brand or type, use a hook size at least 0.5mm less than suggested on the yarn label (applicable only for acrylic yarn) to create tight stitches.
- All the instructions and abbreviations are given in American (US) terms
- Work in continuous rounds without turning unless otherwise specified in the pattern
- For instructions marked with * check the Amigurumi adjustable ring, Fasten off when working in continuous rounds and Invisible fasten off when working in rounds and joining the rows posts.
Row 1: Using RED YARN stitch 4 sc into an adjustable ring*. Total 4sts
Row 2: (2sc in each st) times 4. Total 8sts
Row 3: (2sc in next st, 1sc in the next st) times 4. Total 12sts. Tighten and secure the adjustable ring.
Row 4: (1sc in the next two sts, 2sc in next st) times 4. Total 16sts
Row 5: (2sc in next st, 1sc in the next three sts) times 4. Total 20sts
Row 6: 1sc in next nineteen sts, 1 slst in the last st; fasten off (*Fasten off when working in continuous rounds) secure and hide the tail. Total 20sts
Cut approximately 30cm (12in) white yarn and tide the ends with several knots to create a loop. Pass the loop through the magic ring make, tight the magic ring and secure the tail
Row 7: Introduce WHITE yarn into any front loop of row 6, ch1, 5lps-puff into the same stich [photo and explanation below], 5lps-puff into next nineteen sts; fasten off (*Invisible fasten off when working in rounds), secure and hide the tail
Row 8: Introduce BEIGE yarn into any front loop of row 7, 1sc into the same st, 1sc into next nineteen sts. Total 20sts in each row
Row 9: 1sc in each st around. Total 20sts
Row 10: 1sc in next nineteen sts, 1 slst in the last st; fasten off (*Fasten off when working in continuous rounds)secure and hide the tail. Total 20sts
Row 11: Introduce WHITE yarn into any front loop of row 10, ch2, (1hdc into next front loop - of the st) times 19, slst into 1st hdc of the row. Total 20sts
Row 12: ch2, (1hdc into next st) times 19, slst into 1st hdc of the row. Total 20sts
Once you finish the row 12 create the eyes using a tapestry needle and double strand of BLUE YARN by making small verticle straight stitches on the face , With double strand of PINK YARN create the mouth by a small horizontal straight stitch.
Row 13: ch2, (1hdc into next eight sts, hdc2tog) times 2, slst into 1st hdc of the row. Total 18sts
Start filling the top of the head with polyfill
Row 14 – 19: repeat row 13, you will reducing each row by 2 sts, avoid the reduction to be in the same places as with previous row reductions. Continue stuffing the project with polyfill every few rows that you finish with final fill on row 18. Total 6sts at the row 19; fasten off, secure and hide the tail.
And voila, a Santa
You may not copy, resell, translate, post on the internet or redistribute (fully or partially) this pattern.
If you would like to sell finished items made with this pattern please contact me in advance and mention that the item is ‘based on the pattern designed by Toma Creations’
Mass production and Internet sales of the finished item based on the pattern are not allowed.