Almost every Wednsday afternoon I’m at the laughter yoga club, laughing my heart out… at the end of each session we pick an affirmation from a box. It might be something we already practice, something that we need to practice or be aware of, or simply to remind us about physical, mental or emotional functioning.
It gave me the idea to transfer the practice at home using affirmations and quotes that resonate with me. I refer to them almost every morning as a start of a day, to answer a question, redirect my awareness, or just contemplate on something. It’s also great when house guests start picking for fun.
So here is what you need:
- Lost of affirmations and quotes that resonate with you, inspire or remind you of virtues and other good stuff (I gathered mine mainly from books I have read and kept a notebook of them, self improvement /empowering articles, internet, and even creating my own based of my own life lessons and experience )
- Thick paper either for printing or writing
- PC and printer (optional)
- Either write them directly on paper or on PC (as a result you will need to print them)
- Cut them (mine are approximately 16cm x 2cm each)
- And put them into the glass or a jar
- Pick one any time you feel like it