This supper easy, simple and quick pattern was inspired by Coffee And Cream‘s knitted Catnip Bunny pattern. When I first saw them i fell in love, what a lovely rainbow of bunnies, unfortunately i do not know how to knit, yet, so i decided to make a crochet version. Thank you Selina for this lovely idea, sharing it and letting me share the crochet version for those of us who do not knit :).
Materials and Tools needed:
- Acrylic yarn e.g. Lane Cervinia Caprice in any colour
- In addition small amount of 2 other colous (eyes & muzzle)
- Hook size 2.5mm
- Stitch marker indicating the end of each Rnd
- Tapestry needle
- Finished Size: body’s height is 7cm (2 ¾in) and with Ears up 12cm (4 ½ in), the width of the body is 5cm (2 in). If you are using different yarn brand or type, use a hook size at least 0.5mm less than suggested on the yarn label (applicable only for acrylic yarn) to create tight stitches.
- All the instructions and abbreviations are given in American (US) terms.
- Work in continuous rounds without turning unless otherwise specified in the pattern.
- For certain instructions e.g. Fasten off when working in continuous rounds click on the link for detailed ‘how-to’.
With the selected yarn crochet a ch of 8.
Rnd 1: 4sc inc into second ch from hook, sc × 5, 4sc inc into last ch, TURN the ch and work into opposite side of the ch, sc × 5 [photo below]. Total 18sts
Rnd 2: sc, 2sc inc × 2, sc × 7, 2sc inc × 2, sc × 6. Total 22sts
Rnd 3-8: sc × 22. Total 22sts
Rnd 9: sc × 5, sc2tog, sc × 9, sc2tog, sc × 4. Total 20sts
Rnd 10: sc × 20. Total 20sts
Rnd 11: ( sc2tog, sc × 8) × 2. Total 18sts
Rnd 12: sc × 18. Total 18sts remove the hook and work face features as follow:
Muzzle: Using single strand of selected yarn and tapestry needle stitch two diagonal straight stitches that cross each other approximately over Rnd 9 [photo below].
Eyes: Using double strand of selected yarn and tapestry needle stitch two short vertical stitches approximately between Rnd 10-11 [photo below].
Stuff tightly the body with polyfill [photo below].
Rnd 13: ( sc2tog, sc ) × 6. Total 12sts
Rnd 14: sc2tog × 6. Total 6sts
Fasten off, secure and hide the tail.
EARS, make two
With the selected yarn and leaving 10cm (4 in) tail, crochet a ch of 2.
Rnd 1: sc into secnd ch from hook. Total 1st
Rnd 2: ch, TURN, 2sc inc. Total 2sts
Rnd 3: ch, TURN, 2sc inc, sc. Total 3sts
Rnd 4: ch, TURN, 2sc inc, sc × 2. Total 4sts
Rnd 5: ch, TURN, 2sc inc, sc × 3. Total 5sts
Rnd 6-10: ch, TURN, sc × 5. Total 5sts
Once you complete Rnd 10, slst into 1st st of Rnd 10 as show on photo below.
Fasten off leaving 15cm tail (6in).
Sew the ears on top of the body and the button at the lower back [photo below].
PLEASE HAVE IN MIND:
You may not copy, resell, translate, post on the internet or redistribute (fully or partially) this pattern.
If you would like to sell finished items made with this pattern please contact me in advance and mention that the item is ‘based on the pattern designed by Toma Creations’
Mass production and Internet sales of the finished item based on the pattern are not allowed. If you are interested in doing so please contact me.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have 🙂
Thanks for looking ❤
Pingback: Conejito Amigurumi | Mi Baúl de Creaciones
Love your patterns. May I sell the bunnies I make from ‘based on the pattern designed by Toma on my market place on FB